High fever with kidney pain
Thanks for posting your query.
As I believe that a detailed history is an integral part to understand a patients problem better, I would like to have a few more details before giving you my expert opinion regarding the pain you are having.
1) Since how long is the pain?
2) Are you sexually active? Do you have unprotected intercourse?
3) Do you have this pain constantly at all the times or it comes and goes?
4) Is the pain colicky?
High fever with renal pain is indicative of renal cause. This can happen due to abscess, infected renal cyst, etc.
Investigations like urine analysis, urine culture, abdominal ultrasonography, intravenous pyelography, etc may be needed for exact diagnosis.
Please consult your physician for a detailed physical examination and necessary investigations so that appropriate therapy can be started early. Systemic antibiotics are needed to control the infection.
Meanwhile start taking plenty of fluids orally and take an anti pyretic like acetaminophen round the clock to combat fever.
Awaiting your reply.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
3. Pain seems to be there constant just worse sometimes
Thanks for writing again.
Colicky pain refers to one which is squeezing in nature.
Your details are suggestive of a renal cause most likely an infection. Systemic antibiotics are needed to control the infection after proper investigations. Consulting your physician for appropriate prescriptions will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...