Hi there! I just had Frozen embryo transfer on Monday

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2018 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi there!

I just had Frozen embryo transfer on Monday and I have a few questions as I can't reach my doctor. She has me on 2 pills of estradiol, and 2 patches as well as progesterone in oil shots and endometrin suppositories. I am wondering why I need ALL of this medication after the transfer, I understand before the transfer to make sure the uterus is ready but the estrogen especially is killing me. I am so bloated and uncomfortable, and I am also so constipated (probably from the progesterone) - I hate these meds! How long do I really have to take them? ANd is it crucial? Thanks
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
better to continue

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
It is better to continue till pregnancy test is positive.Probably your hormones may be inadequate and THAT could be the reason .
However if you can't tolerate the drugs please contact your doctor and make modification.
Feel free to ask your doubt with more details
HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy