Hi, My Son aged 17years, is suffering from severe dandruff
Regarding acne and dandruff
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
For dandruff I suggest him to try a salicylic acid and ketoconazole based shampoo e.g Salisia-KT shampoo, either daily or on alternate days, depending on the response. For acne, he may use Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide combination gel e.g Clindoxyl gel, twice daily. I would also advice him to use a gentle cleanser for face wash e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion, twice daily.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Regarding dandruff and hair fall
Dandruff is a common cause of increased hair shedding. The shampoo I suggested also has Salicylic acid in addition to ketoconazole. He may try it. Other options include either Sebowash shampoo or Pelliwash shampoo which are fluocinolone acetonide based shampoos or Coal tar with salicylic acid based shampoo e g Silkin shampoo or Protar shampoo Or he may use Noskurf lotion (climbazole and piroctone olamine), to be applied on scalp for 30 minutes before any Over the Counter shampoo.
Let me know if you need any more
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body