Hi Dr Sharka How do you calculate total cholesterol to
I would explain as follows:
I understand your confusion. Let me explain as follows based on your uploaded blood lipid profile report:
Your total cholesterol level is 5.23
Your HDL level is 1.3
Your LDL level is 3.43
Total cholesterol/HDL is 5.23/1.3=4.023
LDL /HDL ratio is 3.43/1.3= 2.64
So, you can see that everything seems to be within the normal ranges. You are not at any increased cardiovascular risk related to your blood lipid profile.
So, just relax and don't worry about it!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?