Hi Doctor, My wife XXXXXXX is went through labor pains
My wife XXXXXXX is went through labor pains almost 3 days. Now its settled down, there are less frequent contractions, Baby movements are looking fine. We went to hospital twice thinking it could be labor. They sent us back home saying that we are not there. We came back, often she felt 3 contractions in 10 mins, some times no contraction in hours. Our due date is Feb10th. Please advice?
You should hospitalized her.
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
You must take her to the hospital and hospitalized her.
It can be starting of her labour Pain,you can confirm it,if she is in labour, if contraction occur in every 10mins 3 contraction,associated with brownish vaginal discharge, usually labour pains are lower back Pain not relief with any pain killer,progressive in nature.
She can examined her and see her dilatation of cervix.
If cervix is 3cm dilated they will admit her and start syntocinon drip.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
so you are saying, if the cervix is dilated already 3 cm and she is not getting required contractions, she may need syntocinon drip?
Because Fernandez hospital staff is trying maximum not to induce and having us wait until it happens naturally, it takes 70 mins to reach hospital, so we wanted to see advice.
Day before yesterday they have checked her dilation and it was 5mm only.
She can wait and watch.
Thanks for the information.
As her due date is near and she is having contraction,we have to little careful because hospital run is one hour from your place.
In her case if contraction occur with out dilatation,she should take Drotin tablet to reduce contraction.
If her case as dilatation is only 3mm,she can wait and watch for true labour Pain,but keep watch on other symptoms like brown discharge and frequent stool and urine.
Hope found useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedy for severe perimenopausal symptoms
- What does this ultrasound report of uterus indicate?
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex despite having depo shot...
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex during safe period?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through non penetrative sex?
- What does my CUE test report indicate?
- When will menstruation resume post intake of Regesterone?
- What causes burning sensation and tightness in vagina during intercourse?
- Is Creon safe to take during pregnancy?
- Is Meprate the right medicine for late period?