Hello, my name is Joe Robles, for the past few
Please see detailed answer
Hi and Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Boils at the pereneal area is common. It Indicates a skin infection and is not related to the vaccine.
You are right, in many patients this may be recurrent. The reasons for recurrence are many. One common reason is that many times the infection is not completely treated. The Focus of infection is not erridicatedwhich may be deep and may need prolong course of antibiotics. . So we advise a prolong course of antibiotics in such patients besides getting culture of the boil.
Other reasons of recurrence may be poor hygiene or shaving of the area. So we advise to take good care of the local hygine. Sitz bath with pyodine solution may be very helpful.
Another inportnat think to discuss is to chek for any immunodeficiency like sugar.
So you may need to discuss with your doctor about local source and prolong antibiotics. Also be advised about hygine and may need checking your sugars and culture of the boil.
Hope this help your understand your querry. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.
Kind Regards Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman
Please see detailed answer.
Sorry for getting late with the reply..
Pyodine is an anti _germ liquid solution. It's is used for dressing and cleaning of skin to avoid infection. A similar solution is dettol used as anti septic.
Sitz bath mean, we put little Pyodine( few ml) in a tub of water, and then the patient sits in the tub for 5 to 10 minutes.
Hope you understand it. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol