Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Having splotchy and patchy bruise under skin. Looking for cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I have something under the skin that is the color of a bruise but is splotchy and patchy.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Usually this kind of skin marks occur due to subcutaneous tiny hemorrhages. In cases of such skin marks without any trauma one needs to investigate the coagulation status of the blood. There can be various causes which can cause such hemorrhages.

I think you should see a physician to get clinical examination done. The doctor may initially want to check your platelet count, bleeding and clotting time.

Treatment depends on underlying cause.

Please ask if you want me to explain anything.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor