Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Having shaking tremors. what should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I have shaking tremors my md says in left hand ,dominat cant write anymore or sloppy at best have type 2 have had 1 small heart attack w total of 4 stints .Have been off all meds til 3 days ago .Have had tremors for 2 yrs or more 1st thought it was coffee or meds, can't tell any more what it may be
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Parkinsonism or due to muscle weakness. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and age tremors can be due to Parkinsonism or due to muscle weakness. If Parkinson disease is ruled out by your doctor then you need to strengthen your muscles. The symptoms may likely to be due to Vitamin B12 deficiency or a fluid and electrolyte imbalance. Taking proper supplements will help in symptomatic improvement after a few blood investigations. Some medicines like Propranolol, trihexiphenidyl and Primidone are used in an attempt to control it, but they can at best only control the tremors to an extent. Take them consulting your doctor. Many of my patients find relief with Yoga, pranayama and meditation so you can start holistic approach. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor