Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Having proper erection with tightness in foreskin. Not able to masturbate normally. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
hi doctor myself XXXXXXX age 26 i have proper erection but cant mastuburate normal style can mastuburate prone style while lying on bed & rubbing penis im doing this for many years as long as i remember now i have heard that this can lead to serious problems in future & the problem is called tms(traumatic mastuburatory syndrome)also my foreskin is very tight while erect has to put effort to pull back pls help me doctor with remedy & treatment to cure this problem.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Before answering your question I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to reply
Since when you are masturbating?
How many times in a day or a week you do this ?
Do you masturbate compulsorily or when you get natural erection?
Do you do this at bed time for sleeping purpose?
Have you ever did intercourse and if yes,then did you find any problem in doing so?
Is your foreskin of penis tight even when your penis is flaccid making retraction of foreskin very difficult?

Waiting for your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having proper erection with tightness in foreskin. Not able to masturbate normally. How to cure this? 21 hours later
hi doctor i my mastuburating prone style from last 10 years i do this 3 times in a week but from last 15 days i have stopped doing this while reading about traumatic mastuburatory syndrome problem i have not done intercourse foreskin of penis is tight while erect.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
If your foreskin of penis is tight in erection only,then it is not a problem as no body can retract his foreskin in erect state of penis however since I can not examine you,it is better to be get examined by your doctor to see whether you have any tightening of foreskin or not.

You are very right that continuing with this habit of masturbating in prone position is bound to cause severe sexual dysfunction in future.
Masturbating in prone position puts excessive pressure on penis which may make you unable to have normal sexual relations
The most common problems faced by prone masturbation is trouble getting erection and trouble having orgasm making your partner feel uncomfortable.
There is a possibility that this habit may cause even physical damage to your organ.
 You must stop doing this and very rightly you have stopped doing it for past 15 days. Most males who learn they have TMS and decide to give it up are able to masturbate by hand while lying on their backs within a week.

No one is asking you to quit masturbating, only to stop masturbating prone. Your penis will be more sensitive after a period of abstinence and this will make it easier for you to learn to masturbate manually.

The good news is that if you're young and sexually inexperienced, you can cure yourself more easily than an older man can, and you can be cured before you ever have to explain your difficulties to a partner.
To stop this habit 
1..develop will power to do it and always sleep with full clothing and not naked.
2.. Stop reading and seeing pornography
3.. Spend evenings away from home and go to sleep immediately after reaching and may be by using some sleeping pill for couple of weeks
4.. If there is the urge to masturbate then do it in supine position only.

It should take 6 to 8 weeks for you to get completely cured.

Once you're cured, you might not even remember what prone masturbation was like. You'll be every bit as sexually functional as a man who's never masturbated prone.
Overall, giving up prone masturbation and learning to masturbate with your hand will make you more sexually and properly confidant.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor