Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having pain in the clitoris and frequent urination. Suggest some medication

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I am having pain in the clitoris. I feel like urinating every 1 minute and the pressure does not seem to be relieved even after urinating. and there is a lot of pain in clioris during and especially after urinating. Please help. The problem started tonight, just 2 hours back. Menstruation has also started. Kindly advise and prescribe medicine
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your anxiety.
If the frequency continues, please give a urine sample for culture and sensitivity test. The result takes 48 hours.
Meanwhile you may start on antibiotics of quinolone group. Also take metronidazole along with it. Also, take analgesics to ease out the pain.
We are not supposed to write the exact name and so I have mentioned the group of medicines that would help.
Pls contact the nearest doc for a prescription and physical examination.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor