Having pain in the clitoris and frequent urination. Suggest some medication

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am having pain in the clitoris. I feel like urinating every 1 minute and the pressure does not seem to be relieved even after urinating. and there is a lot of pain in clioris during and especially after urinating. Please help. The problem started tonight, just 2 hours back. Menstruation has also started. Kindly advise and prescribe medicine
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your anxiety.
If the frequency continues, please give a urine sample for culture and sensitivity test. The result takes 48 hours.
Meanwhile you may start on antibiotics of quinolone group. Also take metronidazole along with it. Also, take analgesics to ease out the pain.
We are not supposed to write the exact name and so I have mentioned the group of medicines that would help.
Pls contact the nearest doc for a prescription and physical examination.

Best regards
DR GS