Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having itchy penis, foreskin tight with white rashes. Had changed brand with condom. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
Doctor, I got married and blessed with 2 children. I am Male, 41 years old. I got married on 2002 and since from marriage, I regularly using Durex condoms. Last month, I used new brand Moods condom and after that I felt itching on my pennis. Now I am feeling that the foreskin is little tight and inside of the foreskin, some white rashes and feeling inconvenient to have sex with my wife. The foreskin is tight. Kindly advice me. I come from a very good family background and not having any sexual with other person.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your mentioned information and I understand that the problem was noticed immediately after the change in the condom brand. The complain of itching followed by tightness (due to swelling) and white patches could be mostly caused by a local allergy. Allergy could be due to a different latex material or could be due to the lubricant or flavors used on the condom.
What to do?
Firstly discontinue the contact with the offending agent and stop using the new brand condoms and stick to the old ones. Keep the area dry and clean and wash twice a day with warm water and mop it dry. You can take cetrizene 5mg/day at night which will reduce the allergy and reduce your problem. Cetrizene causes sedation and be careful in operating machinery or driving while using the drug.
Do consider showing your penis to a dermatologist/sexologist who can evaluate if there is any superimposed infection over your allergy and suitable antibiotics can be given in that case.
Rest assured, the case doesn't appear to be that of a sexually transmitted disease. So don't be bothered so much and things will heal very soon.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Sexologist and Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor