Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having constant chronic cough. Do I have asthma? What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I have a chronic cough that wont go away. Do I have asthma ? Or some other bad desease ? What should I do ?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later
Thanks for the question.
Chronic cough always needs evaluation. Chronic cough can be caused by multiple causes like infections, tuberculosis, COPD, asthma, allergies, interstitial lung disease etc.
In all such cases investigations like chest x-ray, sputum culture, PFTs and sometimes CT scan or biopsy of lung may be needed.
It would be ideal if you visit a chest specialist and get the investigations done.
Hope this answers your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having constant chronic cough. Do I have asthma? What should I do? 11 minutes later
Where should I go to get this check up done in Delhi ?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later

You can get it done at any multispeciality hospital nearby.

Few of them are -
Hindu XXXXXXX Hospital
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
Safdarjung Hospital

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor