Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Having chest heaviness and pain. Had endoscopic brain surgery. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
I am having chest heaviness and pain. I recently had a endoscopic brain surgery 8 weeks ago. I went to a cardiologist this past Wednesday just to check and he said EKG was fine and sent me for echocardiogram which the tech said looked good. I have had anxiety before but this feels nothing like it - pure pressure in chest and like the worst kind of heartburn - I take blood pressure meds with a diuretic. I do have tachycardia - but I was wondering my triglycerides are high and I never mentioned that, I forgot - could that have anything to do with it? Alot of shortness of breath. It's nothing like an anxiety attack its way different mostly pressure. Could it be thyroid causing pain?
I had a benign pineal tumor removed and since I am in fl and he was in California - I haven't had my MRI - the surgeon wanted to wait till 12 wks due to slight swelling that he waits to get a better look. Never felt like this before -
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

     You need to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease – especially so because of heaviness and tachycardia in the setting of Blood Pressure. Anxiety ought to be an exclusion diagnosis, in this situation... The risks in peri-menopausal women is nearly same as men...
     Normal resting EKG does not exclude heart disease. You need to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT), preferably with thallium isotope..
     HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring), LABORATORY work-up – may also be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
     The consequence of triglyceride elevation is over the long term – no immediate effects...

The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor