Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Having an abscess on tooth. Suggest medication

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1957 Questions
can you prescribe antibiotics? I have an abcess on tooth n#13 and drained blood out of the gum last night
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 1 hour later
Brief Answer: permanent treatment is required. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Welcome to XXXXXXX According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that you have developed an abscess in tooth no #13 & you are allergic to penicillin. Tooth abscess indicates infection in the tooth, this infection can spread to the periapical tissue, spaces if not treated in time, therefore a permanent treatment is required. Antibiotics and analgesics give temporary relief, get the abscess drained by the Dentist and get root canal treatment performed on the tooth. Unless the tooth is devitalised, disinfected and sealed to the apex you may experience pain and infection. Temporarily you can take(under the prescription of your Dentist), -Tab amoxiclav 500mg TDS for five days. -Tab aceclofenac serratiopeptidase combination TDS for five days. -If you are having accidity problem take Tab Rantac BD half and hour before meals. This will definately reduce your pain and infection and do visit to your Dentist immediately. Hope you find this as imformative and helpful, In case of further queries do write to me, i will be glad to answer! Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor