Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Having a cut and feels like a pit and pink ring around. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have a cut, a good bit of skin was ripped off, it feels deep like a pit, pink ring around it... feels moist like the meat under the skin, I don't know how to describe it
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try Topical soframycin ointment

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the picture attached and read your query too.

It seems like a superficial bacterial infection. The pink ring around it is the healthy granulation tissue that helps in faster healing.

Try using topical antibiotic like Soframycin ointment thrice daily for next few days until the wound heals completely.

You should be fine soon.

Let me know if you have more queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having a cut and feels like a pit and pink ring around. What could it be? 5 minutes later
Thank You, I will do so... another question I had is a problem ive been having... At 10 years old I was I told I had ADD or ADHD, not sure exactly which one.. but now at 19 years old, I find myself spacing out, someone would tell me something and they think im ignoring them but I didn't receive anything they said, sometimes it feels like I have a short attention span at times, cant sit still, I have problems sleeping, I just feel completely lost at times
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Early intervention will help you

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

It is possible that you still have a few featurea of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) in you.

You would benefit largely by a few couseling sessions with an expert along with medications like Methyphenidate for short term use.

It would be ideal for you to consult a psycho-social counsellor at the earliest. Early intervention is good for you.

Hope this helps you. Please speak to someone close you about the same and ask their opinion.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor