Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have wheezing problem. Not cured by medicine. Any remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 379 Questions
My husband is having wheezing problem for about a year for which we have approached a doctor and he has prescribed some medicines whenever it occurs. It triggers when he has sweets, oil and cold items. Kindly recommend a medication or remedy so that his wheezing can be controlled or cured completely.
Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later
Treatment of asthma depends on symptoms…
Infrequent symptoms need infrequent medicines.
Similarly episodic symptoms need episodic medicines…
I personally run my asthma clinic… treatment of asthma is aimed at relieving the airway spasm and treating the background inflammation…
Best drug of choice is inhalation therapy with bronchodilator and steroids that is titrated as per symptoms…
Symptoms need to be charted on diary to decide level of can visit such a symptom diary at WWW.WWWW.WW I hope this makes you clearly understand the situation… do write back if any further query or advice needed…
Apart from allergen avoidance there is no magic remedy for asthma.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist