Owl Image

Have wheezing problem. Not cured by medicine. Any remedy?

Pediatrician
Question
My husband is having wheezing problem for about a year for which we have approached a doctor and he has prescribed some medicines whenever it occurs. It triggers when he has sweets, oil and cold items. Kindly recommend a medication or remedy so that his wheezing can be controlled or cured completely.
Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later
Hi
Treatment of asthma depends on symptoms…
Infrequent symptoms need infrequent medicines.
Similarly episodic symptoms need episodic medicines…
I personally run my asthma clinic… treatment of asthma is aimed at relieving the airway spasm and treating the background inflammation…
Best drug of choice is inhalation therapy with bronchodilator and steroids that is titrated as per symptoms…
Symptoms need to be charted on diary to decide level of therapy.you can visit such a symptom diary at WWW.WWWW.WW I hope this makes you clearly understand the situation… do write back if any further query or advice needed…
Apart from allergen avoidance there is no magic remedy for asthma.