Have wheezing and cough. Taking puffers for COPD and asthma. What could be the reason for cold with headache?

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi Iv'e been sick since last thursday i seen my Dr yesterday he said i was wheezing
and had cough i'm not bringing up a lot i'm on puffers for my Copd and asthma and oxy
for my arthritis am have been cold with headache and now i'm feel like i'm burning up
and my joints ache.I have had racing pigeons for years XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly view the details

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

The case history as mentioned in your post along with history of association with pigeons indicates that the symptoms can be due to Psittacosis.

Investigations like complete blood count, X ray of chest, Liver function test & analysis of Bronchio-Alveolar Lavage fluid will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Management involves antibiotics like Tetracyclines and Chloramphenicol, to be administered based on culture & sensitivity reports.
So, kindly consult your treating Doctor/ Pulmonologist & discussing regarding the same.
Till then, maintain adequate hydration & proper nutrition & continue the medications as advised by your Doctor.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine after the course of the treatment.
Wishing you a Good Health & speedy recovery.