Have vaginal itching followed by bleeding. Is this serious?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I have vaginal itching from few months and now I see blood bleeding in from vagina.Is this a serious problem .Am worried please help
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A local examination and culture of vaginal dischar Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Welcome to health care magic. The problem vaginal itching followed by bleeding from the vagina can be indicative of a serious infection or a polyp or a malignancy. Certainly it can be a serious problem. You should get examined by a local gynecologist and send the Gram stain and culture of the vaginal secretions and most likely you will need treatment with antibiotics or if something noninfectious is found to be the cause manage accordingly. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.