Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have type 2 diabetes, frequent painful urination with a white gritty substance. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
My husband has frequent painful urination with a white gritty substance in it. He has type 2 diabetes and has been on insulin for almost a year. His calcium levels have been high. The doc has been monitoring it. With this urination problem. Should he see a doc? Email to YYYY@YYYY .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 19 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

In view of symptoms and his diabetic status, there are two possibilities.It is either obstructed kidney stone or urine might be casts, dissolved stones with may be pus cells.

He needs urine analysis and after that if needed a course of antibiotics.A sonography of urinary system can also be undertaken for kidney stone.

In my view he needs to see doctor and get investigations done.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor