Have thickened womb lining. Looking for suggestion

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: My wife has thickening of the womb lining (An ultrasound showed this). We are due to see a Consultant tonight and I'm intersted in the sort of questions I should ask him.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 56 minutes later

Usually in postmenopausal age group the endometrial thickness should be less than 4 mm.
But in women who are taking HRT, the endometrial thickness can be up to 8mm sometimes.
Endometrial thickness of above 8mm can indicate some pathology.
The change of anticoagulant can be one cause for her spotting.
So, when you consult your doctor discuss about:
-The endometrial thickness mentioned in ultrasound.
-The possible causes for it.
-Whether endometrial biopsy is needed or not.
-What are the investigations she suggests and the treatment options available.
-Regarding continuation of HRT.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.