Have thickened womb lining. Looking for suggestion
Thanks for the query.
Usually in postmenopausal age group the endometrial thickness should be less than 4 mm.
But in women who are taking HRT, the endometrial thickness can be up to 8mm sometimes.
Endometrial thickness of above 8mm can indicate some pathology.
The change of anticoagulant can be one cause for her spotting.
So, when you consult your doctor discuss about:
-The endometrial thickness mentioned in ultrasound.
-The possible causes for it.
-Whether endometrial biopsy is needed or not.
-What are the investigations she suggests and the treatment options available.
-Regarding continuation of HRT.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scan shows thickening of womb
- Womb thickened after baby
- Thickened womb lining causes
- What is thickening lining of womb
- Thickening of wall of womb
- Have thickened womb lining looking for suggestion
- Thickening lining womb
- Symptoms of thickening womb lining
- Investigations for womb thickening
- How to diagnose thickening of the womb