Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have swollen lymph node. Suggest, what could be the cause?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9350 Questions
Have a lump under the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Swollen and I feel like something is stuck,
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

first it should be determined is this some subcutaneous skin lesion or there is tracheal wall abnormality. If this lump is soft,moveable, painless and doesn't grow fast then it seems to be benign subcutaneous tumor such as lipoma, fibroma,cyst or swollen lymph node.or this is thyroid nodule. If this is painful and there is redness around it can be inflammed and antibiotics are necessary. to evaluate all this you should do ultrasound and needle aspiration. depending on diagnose it can be managed surgically or by medicines. If you have breathing and swallowing difficulties you should do endoscopic exams to see is there intratracheal or intraesophageal pathology.

wish you good health.if you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor