Have swollen anus and feels uncomfortable to sit. Can it be sentinel pile?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Question: I think I might have a sentinel pile. It feels as if the anus is like a cauliflower and it is uncomfortable to sit.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need not be a pile Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I understand you are having a growth at the anus, I suggest the following to you 1. Please get it examined by a surgeon, it could be soft tissue growth and not necessarily a pile 2. Apply lignocaine jelly over it if it's the pain that's causing the discomfort 3. If you are having trouble passing stools then please take syp lactulose 10 ml at night It is always better to get it excised or sclorosed as the are where it is present is sensitive and prone for friction and trauma I hope I was of help, please get back to me for any further queries I wish you good health regards