Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have small pea sized lump near left testicle. What could be this?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
My son has a small pea sized lump near his left testicle. I was thinking it is probably a cyst. He doesn't know how long it's been there and initially said it wasn't painful but since he has been tooling, now he says there is some pain occasionally. By the way, he has no insurance.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It may be lipoma,dermoid etc. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Your son needs proper examination.You didn't mentioned properly about the site,whether it is in skin or else. Any way,if it is in skin or below the skin then it may be lipoma,dermoid etc. These are benign conditions and minor procedures are required. If it is dermoid or another cyst then simple incision and drainage can be done. Lipoma can be left as it is.But,it needs regular observation about size enlargement. So,you shouldn't worry and consult surgeon. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor