Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Have severe back ache. MRI showing mild disc dehydration in the cervical region. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I have a severe back ache, i had even done MRI scan, everything seems to be normal however there is a mild disc dehydration i noted in the cervical region.

Plz suggest as i still have pain.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to modify risk factors.

Detailed Answer:
I understand the concern. Most common reason for back pain is paraspinal muscle spasm. Most of the time it depends upon our activities and other risk factors. Are you involve in prolong sitting jobs? Long hours of travel? Usually cause back muscle fatigue and results into persistent back pain.
Lets coming to the treatment options. It think you need to modify your risk factors. Regular back muscle stretching and some exercises are important to cure this problem. Also daily 30-40 minutes swimming is also good option.
Black disc on indicates degeneration and its not a disease. People can live with it without any symptoms. You need not be worried about that finding.
If you wish you can upload your MRI images and X-ray.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor