Have primary liver cancer wrapped around the hepatic nerve and partially blocking the bile duct. Had put up a stent. What now?
We have read about the studies of the benefits of caanabis and cannabinoids in shrinking hepatic tumors, stimulating appetitie and pain relief. Should we try to safely injest thc through a marijuana vapor machine that cuts out smoke carcinogens? My son it would increase my current quality of life.
Thanks for writing in.
It is unfortunate to learn that the tumor is inoperable.
Palliative narcotic pain relief is the only treatment for your existing condition.
Regarding studies with cannabis containing compounds there is no prospective trial on tumor shrinkage or palliative pain relief in hepatic tumors. Therefore one cannot scientifically recommend this to you as an alternative form of treatment.
I hope this answers your doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for primary liver cancer
- Diagnosis of primary liver cancer
- Primary liver cancer causes
- Symptoms of primary liver cancer
- Drugs/medication for primary liver cancer
- Hepatic encephalopathy liver cancer
- Treatment and cure for primary liver cancer
- Advanced liver cancer what to expect
- What is metastatic adencarcinoma liver cancer
- What is the timeframe for liver cancer