Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Have piles. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
I am 14 an I think I have piles but am embarrassed to tell anyone
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Piles or fissure developed at this age is well treatable. Do visit your treating doctor as soon as possible. If left untreated the condition can progress, cause complications and reach to a stage where there would be no cure.

A detailed physical examination is essential to ascertain the diagnosis and to plan a specific management.

Meanwhile avoid constipation by taking laxatives like Psyllium husk or liquid paraffin available as over the counters at pharmacies. Also avoid fatty and spicy foods which may aggravate the problem.

I would like to remind you that piles developed at this age are curable totally.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor