Have painless lump in groin near testicles. Have hepatitis C. Is it related?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a lump that is the size of a small grape in my groin area just under the testicles but off to the side slightly, it is not red and it is not painful but it is very noticeable. I am not sure if this matters or not but I have hepatitis c.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sebaceous cysts scrotum : No urgent treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now you seem to have developed a sebaceous cyst over the scrotum. These are very common lesions and are essentially asymptomatic in nature. These present as a swelling just below the skin and are painless in nature. In most cases, these can just be left on their own unless they cause any problems. In some cases, there can be pain or swelling of the lesions. Sometimes there can be calcification in these lesions with discharge of whitish material. Only in such cases, these can be surgically removed. Also if you feel that these are a problem cosmetically, then you can think about removal. But otherwise, since these are benign and harmless, so you can leave them as such. And these have apparently no relation with hepatitis C. Hope it helps If you need any further clarifications, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.