Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have painless lump in groin near testicles. Have hepatitis C. Is it related?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
I have a lump that is the size of a small grape in my groin area just under the testicles but off to the side slightly, it is not red and it is not painful but it is very noticeable. I am not sure if this matters or not but I have hepatitis c.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sebaceous cysts scrotum : No urgent treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now you seem to have developed a sebaceous cyst over the scrotum. These are very common lesions and are essentially asymptomatic in nature. These present as a swelling just below the skin and are painless in nature. In most cases, these can just be left on their own unless they cause any problems. In some cases, there can be pain or swelling of the lesions. Sometimes there can be calcification in these lesions with discharge of whitish material. Only in such cases, these can be surgically removed. Also if you feel that these are a problem cosmetically, then you can think about removal. But otherwise, since these are benign and harmless, so you can leave them as such. And these have apparently no relation with hepatitis C. Hope it helps If you need any further clarifications, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor