Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have painless hard lump on ankle. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 379 Questions
My 9 year old son has a painless hard lump like half an egg between his XXXXXXX and ankle. It has been there about 2 weeks and seems a bit larger. He spends a lot of time playing football wearing hard XXXXXXX pads.
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 12 minutes later
Hi there,

Thanks for the query.

Please look out if the lump is soft, movable and has no changes of colour or skin friction…
XXXXXXX pad related skin changes may appear as lump and are called calocities. Soft painless nodular swellings without much skin changes are often fat and are called lipomas. Both these conditions are benign and not concerning.

A picture of the lump can be useful in clarifying the condition. So if possible please upload a picture of the affected area using the site's uploader. In addition, please try to get further details as described above.

Hope this is useful and informative. Let me know if there are other enquiries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor