Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have nose bleeds and lacking energy. What do you advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
I have no energy and nose bleeds this time of the year. I lack energy and don't want to get up in the mornings. I feel irritable, somewhat depressed and have night sweats sometimes. I just feel like I'm in some kind of funk!
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Course of anti-depressants+psychotherapy will help Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXX, Thanks for your query. From the information available, you are apparently suffering from chronic mental stress, leading to depression with some degree of anxiety. Please remember that such bad patches do come at some stage in every person's lifetime. Self-motivation, sheer determination and regain of self-confidence will surely help you in coming out of depression. Resigning to the unavoidable stress and strain of life, amounts to losing half the battle. I have NO DOUBT, WHATSOEVER, that you have the capacity, ability, determination, perseverence and the courage to overcome short-term setbacks. Consult a Psychologist who, after subjecting you through a few sessions, will be able to assess the severity of depression and administer effective Psychotherapy. In addition, AS A SHORT-TERM STOPGAP ARRANGEMENT, a short course of a combination of :- * anti-depressants group of drugs, such as, SSRIs (Serteraline, Duolexitin or citalopram) in gradually increasing doses * anti-anxiety drugs, such as, alprazolam or clonazepam in optimal dose * Beta-Blockers, such as propranolol or atenolol will definitely be of extreme help you in coming out of depression. Once you are back into the mainstream AND ARE YOUR NORMAL SELF, these drugs will then weaned off gradually. Consult your Psychiatrist or your treating doctor and discuss my opinion / recommendations with him. I AM SURE THAT HE WILL TOTALLY AGREE WITH ME and, prescribe the advised treatment in appropriate doses, under close supervision. Hope you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further clarifications, if any. Take care and have a nice day. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor