Have low testosterone levels. Started to take self injection. What should be the dosage?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: i have low T and am doing self injection started with 1ml every 2 weeks and had my level chcked after 6 weeks it was at 600 (started at 320) so Doc dropped time of injection and dose to 1/2 mil a month and re tested 8 weeks later and my t was at 240 what in the world i then was instructed to go back to 1ml every 2 weeks and had numeros viles of blood taken to do psa and platelet count ect. why would my count drop to less than when i started? prostate check was done to include a smear and sex drive is great just tired and iratable
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The testosterone levels at 240 are not too low to cause a worry. Since the libido and the prostate check was normal, such a variation in the testosterone levels may be related to the decreased dosage schedule.
It needs a few months for a proper dosage regulation after repeated blood tests to have a normal testosterone levels. Please be patient and follow your doctor's advise. This variation can be controlled after finding out the cause of the problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.