Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have knot behind knee, varicose veins and swelling. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I am a female that is 54 years old and have an XXXXXXX knot on the back of my left leg below my knee. I do have some varicose veins and there are alot of broken veins around my left ankle which will swell abit by the end of the day. I have no history of high blood pressure or other issues. What do you think I could be and should I go see the doctor?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX The knot behind the knee can be a local swelling of vein due to incompetent underlying venous valve which usually gives a bluish swelling, a lipoma or a neurofibroma or just a local excess scar tissue due to some forgotten injury.In all these differentials there would be no pain.I do not think there is any urgent need to go to a doctor. If you happen to visit a doctor next time for some reason tap the opportunity to get it evaluated.I hope the advise would be useful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor