Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have kidney stone, urinating in two streams. Should I go for check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
I had a kidney stone (of 3 mm) about 2 years ago,the doctor advised me not to worry as it was not causing me any pain.I don't have any pain still but i see when i urinate ,the urine divides into 2 streams initialy but later joins into one stream.I wanted to know should i go for a checkup again as people who have one stone are prone to develop more stones or do I have no reason to visit till there is some pain? In case you advise me for tests let me know a center at Bangalore? and how much will it cost?
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.
Stone followup is needed every 6 months.
So i would advice u to get checked asap.
Some centres are Manipal hosp, Fortis etc...
Approx cost of evaluation can range from Rs 2000 to 0000 depending what they find in the initial set of tests.

Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts if any,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have kidney stone, urinating in two streams. Should I go for check up? 44 minutes later
Hi Doctor
Please suggest can the urine stream problem happen becuase of this issue? And would you suggest to remove it or its ok to live it untill it is not causing you any problem? Once removed can the stone formation again happen?

Please suggets any clinics close to Kormangala,Silk board bangalore if you are aware of .
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
Honestly, a decision cannot be made over the net. U need to be examined, undergo the required tests and decide. I can only give u guidance.
The treatment depends on the size and the location of the stone and the kidney function.
Split stream could be due to narrowing caused by repeated stone passage or otherwise.
Only a urologist would do the needful. Sorry i am from Chennai.

Hope this helps make a early decision.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor