Have itchy bruise on leg. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: Hi..I have a Bruise on my Left leg but i is itching and has four bumps and it is the same as well as on my foot...but only on my left side
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are describing can be insect bite/contact dermatitis/xerotic eczema/purpura etc.

Also I would like to know-
Since when you have this?
Has it grown slowly?What is the size like?
Is it painful?
Is there itching on foot lesion?

Answer the questions to help you better.

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot to predict the condition.

Wherever you have a visible lesion on the skin you can take a close up photograph of it and UPLOAD it in UPLOAD YOUR reports section.

Meanwhile you can apply hydrocortisone cream over the affected area.
You can also take tab Zyrtec twice daily it will help in reducing itching.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

DrSudarshan
Dermatology.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi , yes it is itching and it seem like the bumps are gone but it hurts bad...the bruise look wierd and the bumps are goin down....it itches real bad but im trying my best to not itch...
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 33 minutes later
Hi Again,

For itching you can apply Hydrocortisone cream twice daily and can take antihistaminic like Tab zyrtec twice daily.

This will help a lot.

DrSudarshan