Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have holes on face due to pimples and dark spots on skin. Why have I lost glow with severe dark circles?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
i have holes in my face due to pimples and small small dark spots through out the sikn.The skin is not tight at is not a same color through out the face.some whr it is little light and somewhere it is has lost the glow and i look more older than my age.i have severe dark circles under my eyes.but i dont take tea,cofee,nd even no stress.suggest me what 2 do
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

The small holes in face are due to open pores. The problem of enlarged pores on face or facial pores is commonly associated with excessive oiliness and acne. Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels like glycolic acid peels and alpha hydroxyl acid peels which should be got done from a dermatologist.

Regarding the dark spots on face which can be due to hyperpigmentation, treatment options include topical creams such as hydroquinone or alpha-hydroxy acids can be used but they are not without side effects. Cosmetic procedures, including cryosurgery, chemical peels and laser surgery are also helpful.

For dark circles, first of all, try to avoid caffeine, because it promotes water retention and leads to the dryness of the eye. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins and drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy XXXXXXX vegetables and take a daily vitamin supplement. You should also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kinetin around your eyes.

However if the symptoms are severe then topical bleaching agents, chemical peels and laser therapy may be needed. These are available only under prescription and hence a dermatologist should be consulted for these treatment options.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor