Have high cholesterol. Need a diet plan
Along with medication diet control plays an important role in controlling blood sugar level and high cholesterol. Steps you have to take care in diet and life style are:
1. Do regular exercise for about 45 minutes every day. Simple brisk walking at a speed of 5 km per hour is satisfactory.
2. Avoid all type of fatty, oily and sugary food products. Use olive oil for food in very limited dose.
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Also avoid cold drinks.
4. Use bakes food products as much as you can.
5. Make a diet chart as per your taste in terms of calories and do not exceed the total number of calories you have to consume every day. (you can measure amount of calories present in different food products by using internet)
6. Use multigrain atta and fat free rice.
7. Take multiple small doses instead of 3 large doses.
8. Use fat free milk like Packed milk of Nestle or Amul which are approx 99% fat free.
9. Use herbal XXXXXXX or lemon tea according to taste.
10. Lastly reduce your weight if you are overweight.
My last opinion is to first control your blood sugar and high lipid component by medications and follow your doctor advice. Once it is under control by medication you can try for reducing the dose of medicine but be sure that you do not reduce or stop the medication without your doctor advice.
Write for any follow up query.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Reduce high cholesterol diet
- Diet for high cholesterol levels
- Have high cholesterol need a diet plan
- Diet to suit high cholesterol
- I want a diet plan for high cholesterol
- Nursing care plan for high cholesterol
- Daily diet for high cholesterol
- Diet for high cholesterol
- High cholesterol and diet coke
- Recommended diet for high cholesterol
- CT scan showed broken tail bone. Having numbness in vagina and anus...
- High BP, tachycardia, chiari malformation. Taking Inderal. Chest and arm...
- Done semen analysis. Is longer liquefaction time an indication of...
- Diagnosed with 20% heart functioning. Have shortness of breath and...
- Roof of mouth has yellow pus, painful, history of strep throat. Cause?
- Have large lump and bruise on calf. Is this anything to worry about?
- What does partial compression L1 vertebral body seen as reduction in...
- Noticed small hard bump in the inside of the middle of earlobe,...
- Taking cipralex for the last 2 years. Got pregnant. What should I do?
- Having hypothyroidism. Trying to lose weight. Suggest proper diet plan