Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have high cholesterol. Need a diet plan

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
Based on my health assessment need diet plan to control sugar and hyper cholestrolemia
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Along with medication diet control plays an important role in controlling blood sugar level and high cholesterol. Steps you have to take care in diet and life style are:
1. Do regular exercise for about 45 minutes every day. Simple brisk walking at a speed of 5 km per hour is satisfactory.
2. Avoid all type of fatty, oily and sugary food products. Use olive oil for food in very limited dose.
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Also avoid cold drinks.
4. Use bakes food products as much as you can.
5. Make a diet chart as per your taste in terms of calories and do not exceed the total number of calories you have to consume every day. (you can measure amount of calories present in different food products by using internet)
6. Use multigrain atta and fat free rice.
7. Take multiple small doses instead of 3 large doses.
8. Use fat free milk like Packed milk of Nestle or Amul which are approx 99% fat free.
9. Use herbal XXXXXXX or lemon tea according to taste.
10. Lastly reduce your weight if you are overweight.

My last opinion is to first control your blood sugar and high lipid component by medications and follow your doctor advice. Once it is under control by medication you can try for reducing the dose of medicine but be sure that you do not reduce or stop the medication without your doctor advice.

Write for any follow up query.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor