Suggest diet plan for RSDS(Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome)?

Posted on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Weight
Question: hi I wanted to know what diet plan one should follow when suffering from RSDS .since there is extreme weight loss and chronic pain.Here are some details for your refrence hieght-5.2" weight-54kg age-35 sex-male   Medication taken Wysolone Vizylac Ciproflox Ilatop Callen-d Neugaba Etoshine-mr regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diet plan as mentioned below Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The diet plan in case of RSDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome) is aimed at intake of food products that helps in regulation of the nervous system & avoiding the substances which aggravate the pain, such as: 1. Avoid eating white breads, rice and pasta. They have high calories and increases the blood sugar level. 2. It is better to have complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, oatmeal and brown rice. 3. Consume low fat versions of milk and cheese and avoid oily & fried foods. 4. Have a diet rich in low calorie protein foods such as egg whites, skinless chicken, etc. 5. Fish, being rich in omega-3 fatty acids can be taken. It maintains the body cholesterol & facilitates nerve conduction. 6. It is better to avoid alcohol, coffee and soft drinks which are rich in calories. Instead, take fresh fruit juice (without added sugar) and drink large amount of water (about 6 to 8 glasses) throughout the day. It helps in maintaining the hydration status of the body and flushes out the toxins. 7. Dietary fiber such as whole grains, nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables can also be included in the diet. Wishing a Good Health. Take care.
Dr. Polash Sannigrahi