Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have had shaky body. Test showed mildly increased testosterone levels. Any suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
I have had whole body fine tremor for the past 2 years, seen neurologists and they can find nothing wrong. Testosterone levels have been at or just above top titer, SHGB is above the top titer. Could this cause my problems?
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Mildly increased testosterone levels with an increase in sex hormone binding globulin levels is commonly associated with thyrotoxicosis causing the mild tremors that you are having.
It can be associated with normal FT3 and FT4 levels with a normal TSH.
You need to consult an endocrinologist for a detailed evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor