Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have gonorrhoea. Suggest effective medicine for cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14833 Questions
i'm having goloria and i want to know what medicine to use for cure
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 36 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are two main treatment regimens for gonorrhoea.
The regimens are (1) the use of an antibiotic called ceftriaxone at a 250mg strength, it is given as a single intramuscular injection along with another antibiotic called azithromycin which is given as single dose at 1 g.

(2) OR the use of an antibiotic called doxycylcine given at 100mg twice a day for 7 days

Re evaluation is suggested to be done after 3 months.

When screening for one STI, some persons consider screening for all of them at the same time.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor