Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have epididymitis and pain in testicle. What could be the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
I have epididymitis and it alternatives from pain in one testicle areas on one day to the other. Please can you explain what is going on as I am very confused. thanks.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Typical symptoms of epididymitis sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Sir, epididymitis itself is the inflammation of the tubes that deliver and store sperm from the testicles. The main symptoms are pain and swelling in the scrotal region, where these tubes are located. This can at times result in pain in either one or both testicles; i.e. on one or both sides, or even alternatively. This is the common presentations sir. Please do not worry about this and I hope you are seeking medical treatment for the same sir. If not, please visit your doctor as epididymitis can be caused by various conditions like: medications, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections, etc. So the cause needs to be found, and accordingly treated. Most commonly treatment includes antibiotic coverage. I hope you found my response helpful and informative, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information, or if anything I explained is unclear. I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor