Have dust allergy and cold with runny nose. What should I do to reduce eosinophilia?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi
I have dust allergie.i am having problem with running nose and having affcted by cold oftenly for the last 3 years. Doctor told tha i have esonophilia. Can you suggest , how i can relief from running nose and cold.What shoud i do to reduce esonophilia.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 53 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

History of allergy along with presence of eosinophilia indicates protection from an allergen which is dust in your case.
You should use mask for getting protection along with try to keep away from dust.
There is high possibilities of allergy with secondary viral and bacterial infection.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and allergy specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also consult with ENT surgeon for thorough check up of nasal mucosa.
You should go for allergy test also.
There may also be possibilities of simultaneous allergy from another allergen apart from dust.
You should go for complete blood count along with absolute eosinophil count.
You should take deworming medicine along with complete antibiotic course, mucolytics, anti allergic (cetrizine with zileuton).
You should also go for steam inhalation for better relief.
If necessary, corticosteroids may be used for suppression of allergy.
You should take medicine on written prescription from your treating doctor.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava