Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have dust allergy and cold with runny nose. What should I do to reduce eosinophilia?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I have dust allergie.i am having problem with running nose and having affcted by cold oftenly for the last 3 years. Doctor told tha i have esonophilia. Can you suggest , how i can relief from running nose and cold.What shoud i do to reduce esonophilia.
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 53 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

History of allergy along with presence of eosinophilia indicates protection from an allergen which is dust in your case.
You should use mask for getting protection along with try to keep away from dust.
There is high possibilities of allergy with secondary viral and bacterial infection.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and allergy specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also consult with ENT surgeon for thorough check up of nasal mucosa.
You should go for allergy test also.
There may also be possibilities of simultaneous allergy from another allergen apart from dust.
You should go for complete blood count along with absolute eosinophil count.
You should take deworming medicine along with complete antibiotic course, mucolytics, anti allergic (cetrizine with zileuton).
You should also go for steam inhalation for better relief.
If necessary, corticosteroids may be used for suppression of allergy.
You should take medicine on written prescription from your treating doctor.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor