Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have diabetes. How can I control my blood sugar after eating?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
i am 38years female height 5ft. 6inches weight around 68kgs. I have diabites 342 fasting and 425 post lunch can you guide me how to control the same
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Your history is suggestive of the failure of the treatment

You have a maternal Diabetic History ! You are diabetic for almost a decade now and you are not regular in taking medicines

I would say before going ahead with a full proof treatment , get the reports repeated in one more laboratory

You should be aware diabetes has major complications in form of damage to eyes,kidneys and blood supply to limbs

With the levels of blood sugar your are maintaining titrated doses of medications is the best option, as for now you should go to an endocrinologist or a Diabetologist and as per his advise start insulins,once under normal limits the insulin can gradually be withdrawn and replaced with appropriate doses of oral medicines

Also you should be very strict with your diet and should walk for atleast 4 kms daily

Also keep a regular track of your blood sugar levels, you may go for a Glucometer from a good company

Another word of caution if you are shifted to insulins - just because you are not regular in medicines - keep a regular watch of your blood sugar as low levels of blood sugars while on insulins are eqully XXXXXXX

Take lot of care - do not panic
Get Well Soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor