Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have cracking in knees and slight pressure. Done with X ray. Should I be worried about arthritis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hi ever since I was 14 years old I have had cracking in my knees every time I bend down my knees crack, even when I am sitting down I have slight pressure in my knees and have the urge to crack them sometimes I even get slight pain in both my knees. I have had x rays on both my knees about three years ago and the doctor then told me their was nothing pathologically wrong with my knees but I am now 24 years old and I am a little concerned their may be something wrong with my knees as arthritis runs in my family.
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its snapping syndrome probably

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

As per your symptoms you may be having snapping syndrome [clicking sound on movement of joint]
There is nothing to worry about snapping unless it’s painful.
At age of 24 there is rare presence of arthritis though it’s running in your family.
Rheumatoid arthritis has inheritance in progeny, so do your parents had rheumatoid arthritis?
Have you taken steroids for your asthma?
You need to take calcium and vitamin D XXXXXXX food and supplement.
Do regular stretching exercises, keep yourself fit.

Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises.
If not relieved you may need blood investigation for arthritic profile.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to give rating to this answer.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor