Owl Image

Have bilateral severe renal parenchymal disease. Looking for remedy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My mom has been diagnosed with "bilateral severe renal parenchymal disease". I have attached her reports. What are the best remedies?
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Hello

Based on the facts and reports that you have posted, it appears that your mother is having Bilateral Renal Paranchymal disease which is confirmed by her raised serum creatinine (6.7mg/dl).

Since this is an end stage disease, there are no chances of diseased parenchyma to recover.
There are only two options before you: first to consult a skilled neurologist and get her dialyzed frequently at regular intervals to keep her serum creatinine in control at near normal levels.

Alternate option is to go for renal transplant if you can get good healthy, young preferably related matching Kidney donor. Please note that she has to be on immunosupressant drugs throughout her life which is very costly affair.

You have to consider all aspects before taking any decision.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.