Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

121 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have bilateral severe renal parenchymal disease. Looking for remedy

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9719 Questions
My mom has been diagnosed with "bilateral severe renal parenchymal disease". I have attached her reports. What are the best remedies?
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts and reports that you have posted, it appears that your mother is having Bilateral Renal Paranchymal disease which is confirmed by her raised serum creatinine (6.7mg/dl).

Since this is an end stage disease, there are no chances of diseased parenchyma to recover.
There are only two options before you: first to consult a skilled neurologist and get her dialyzed frequently at regular intervals to keep her serum creatinine in control at near normal levels.

Alternate option is to go for renal transplant if you can get good healthy, young preferably related matching Kidney donor. Please note that she has to be on immunosupressant drugs throughout her life which is very costly affair.

You have to consider all aspects before taking any decision.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist