Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have a spot on penis and looks dry. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12746 Questions
I got a spot on penis and its not an std or fungel infection. I got it now for about a month. It is around The uteara opening and it looks a bit dry. It is 3 mm in size and i think it stads that size. I dont have any symtoms Beside that it is there.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A harmless non infectious spot.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the image attached with the query. The spot you have mentioned seems to be Fordyce's spot and it is an abnormally dilated blood vessel or due to an ectopic sebaceous gland.
It is a non infectious spot, subsides on its own after sometime and does not require any treatment.

If there is any associated pain, itching, discharge then other conditions as warts,ulcers,skin conditions can be thought of.

If there is development of any other symptom then consider visiting your Primary Physician for physical examination and evaluation.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor