Have a small white lump on anus. What could be this?

Posted on Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have a small white lump on my anus which feels like it has a ball shaped thing inside it? i also squeezed it today and it seemed to pop and now there is a slight purple tinge to the bump
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

If this lump comes from inside of the anus most probably this is the hemorrhoid (however hemorrhoids most likely do not pop).
If this lump is near the anus, this might be the abscess or sebaceus cyst. Abscess would be quite painful especially when squeezing. Sebaceus cyst is some kind of pimple that can be evacuated when squeezed. So this makes sebaceus cyst most probable. Purple color is caused by little blood that has appeared during squeezing.
This lump probably doesnt need any medical attention but if it will recur some diagnostics might be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 9 minutes later
thanks there isnt any pain normally, so the cyst seems to be right, thanks for the help how long will this take to go away?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Hello!

It should get healed in about few days. Just keep it clean and dry.
You can wash it with regular soap during the bath.

Hope this will help.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
thank you
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 minute later
You are welcome.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon