Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have a cut near end of tail bone. Watery blood leaks from it. What should I do to heal it?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
I have a small cut in between but cheeks right at the top where they XXXXXXX the cut is right near the end my tail bone. It will not heal and continuously "leaks" a watery, bloody liquid(not sure how to describe it, but it is pinkish in color). there is no bump or anything, just a cut. I do a lot of cycling, and I would love for this to stop. I have done a lot of reading that a lot of people have the same problem but no one has a cure. I have used Desitin Maximum Strength for about 2 weeks and it seems to slightly help it, but does not heal it.
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 5 hours later
Hi there.
I read your history & desription with interest. I note that it does get better but not completely resolved with use of Desitin XXXXXXX strength.
It is very possible that there is some sort of pilonidal sinus (pilo:hair)in that region. This is quite a common site for that & friction & hair issues with obesity & use of toilet paper are all predisposing factors.
Might i suggest fixing an apointment with a surgeon & having it looked at before it increases in size. it is a minor issue & may require just a tiny day care surgery to set it right under a local anaesthesia possibly.
Alternatively, it can be something even simpler like an intertrigo & you can try mixing the Destilin cream with nizoral cream 1:1 for 5 days & then using a topical 1% terbinafine spray(lamisil) twice/daily to keep it dry & use it for a further 1 week. Cheers & trust this advice is spot on & you get better soon. Enjoy the cycling & trust you are always in good cheer!
Should this reply answer your query & help you make an informed deciscion, please do close it, rate us & send in your valuable feedback.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor