Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have Itchy and tight foreskin. How long will it take to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
Hi Doc. I was having itching in the forskin of my penis and the foreskin also has grown longer than usual making it very difficult to pull it back. I went to a urologist who gave me Zole F ointment and Zucon 200 tablets. I have been applying the ointment twice daily for 3 days now and also been taking the tablets, the itching is gone but the tightness of foreskin remains. I am worried, how long will this remain? Do I need circumcision or will Zole F treat this condition?
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
The problem you are facing can be Phimosis. It is good that the itching has gone and you are recovering from the infection. Now about the tightness of the foreskin of penis, the first line of treatment is through applications of creams. The steps towards the treatment are:
1. Applications of the cream like tropical steroids about 4-6 weeks.
2. There after along with use of cream, stretching of the foreskin either manually or with balloons or with other tools can be done.
Usually Phimosis at starting stage is successfully treated with these measures.
3. Surgery or Circumcision is performed in the patient who does not respond to the above treatment or unless it is an emergency condition, causing obstruction in passing urine.

You have to keep the part in hygienic condition when you are under treatment or after treatment, so that infection cannot reoccur.
Consult your treating doctor and tell that whether you are getting relief or not and what further step can be taken to get relief.
Hope you got the answer to your query. Write back if you have any other related queries.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor