Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Has hemeroid bleeding. What can be done to stop it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
My son has a hemeroid bleeding for 2 weeks. What can we do to stop this?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Guru 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cryotherapy,rubberband ligation,sphincterotomy etc

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I am really sorry for your son's ill health. People between ages of 20 to 40 are most commonly effected by hemorrhoids. Commonest cause is constipation because of inadequate fiber intake in diet and correcting this would help to some extent so that the problem won't recur again and again. However, definitive treatment to stop hemorrhoid bleeding is by different treatment options like cryotherapy, rubber band ligation and sphincterotomy etc. But first of all diagnosis of hemorrhoids should be confirmed by investigations like proctoscopy. As some reasonable amount of blood would have been lost from past two weeks, it needs to checked and replaced accordingly.

As prevention is the best treatment and constipation is the most common cause, his diet should contain plenty of dietary fiber which means eating plenty of fresh fruit, XXXXXXX fresh vegetables, whole grain cereals, leafy vegetables etc. Avoid using laxatives and also fatty, oily and junk foods. Take more amount of water like about 2 to 3 liters a day if you to not have any contraindications to do so. However, definitive treatment consists of options like cryotherapy, rubber band ligation and sphincterotomy etc. General Surgeon can help in this.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor