Has ALS and is in a persistent vegetative state. What is causing cold, redness in arm and hot arm?
Thanks for posting your query.
The redness of the upper arm and ashy lower arm is likely to be due to affection of the cholinergic nerve fibres. This might be a short term self limiting problem.
Other cause can be due to nerve pinching at the level of cervical spine. Avoiding using a pillow might help in reducing these symptoms.
It needs an evaluation by a neurologist in case the symptoms are persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be due to a poor circulation in the area but the vasoconstriction is likely to be due to a nerve degeneration. An evaluation by a neurologist will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Erections in people with persistent vegetative state
- Symptoms of persistent vegetative state
- Coumadin and persistent vegetative state
- Persistent vegetative state and septic shock
- Persistent vegetative state hot body rashes
- Calories needed persistent vegetative state
- Persistent vegetative state causes
- Persistent vegetative state wearing diapers
- Diagnosis of persistent vegetative state
- Treatment and cure for persistent vegetative state