Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Hard lumps on stomach and chest, not painful. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I have 4 hard lumps on my stomach and chest. One is the size of 3 peas (or a Lima bean) ant the others pea sized. They are not painful. I have had the big one for at least a year and the other come over the last few months. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Any swelling over body needs further evaluation.

Based on your description and locations, its likely to be benign swellings such as a lipoma.

In any case, however, a clinical examination is recommended to rule out the possibility of malignant growths.

In my opinion, you must consult a doctor who can examine you. A careful examination is sufficient to differentiate benign from malignant.

A biopsy will be recommended for definitive confirmation..

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information.

Wishing you good health.


Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor